Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hi

Allison: So Tessa brought it to my attention that we maybe should have introduced ourselves before we burst in and put our dirty feet up on your sofa. She's usually right.

I'm a relatively new hockey fan, which is to say I've been watching for 2 years. I love how that would make me an old hand at anything else but in hockey years I am light years behind you lifers. It's cool; I'll catch up. Anyhow, I fell in love with the Detroit Red Wings and dealt with that in the only approach at my disposal: intense fangirlry.

This blog really started during last year's playoff series against Chicago. Specifically when Ozzie was pulled for "dehydration" and Conks got to play for a bit. Or as our reporters discovered really happened:

Ozzie: *clapping hands together* Well we seem to have this game pretty well wrapped up. I am going to get some Starbucks. Ty, man, you can take over. If you want. I mean you don't have to. I really don't think there's any way they're coming back from this so if you want a nice iced coffee or some biscotti or something...

So Ozzie was revealed to be a Starbucks junkie and soon we uncovered many other secret habits our boys had kept hidden... until now. The italics weren't really necessary. I apologize. But this is the stuff we annoy our friends and family with day after day. And now we bring it to you. So sorry about that.


Tessa: I guess I'm what you would call a "baby" hockey fan. I began watching the Wings at the very beginning of last year's playoffs and it's safe to say I fell in love with it. I don't think it's just the game though; I really like the players. They all seem so collected and classy. So I did what I always do when I love something. I create absurd stories with my cousin, Alli. Eventually the stories just began building up til it got to the point we had to share them with someone else besides our friends and family.

Whether it be Jimmy's mad cooking skills, Bert eating kittens, or one of Pav's various personalities, I hope someone will find it amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment